Friday, November 17, 2017

(Kickstarter) Kids on Bikes RPG

A love for Stranger Things and Eighties nostalgia has made the "Kids on Bikes" trope a actual game genre, so it's no surprise to find such a blunt title used in the Kids on Bikes RPG: Strange Adventures in Small Towns Kickstarter, recently launched by Infectious Play.

Kids on Bikes is a 60 page, rules-light, fast-paced storytelling game in the spirit of games like DREAD, Perseverant, MONSTERHEARTS, and other great indy titles. Kids on Bikes is perfect for game nights in which you want to get a game in RIGHT NOW. 

2 comments:

  1. This seems like it should be right in my wheelhouse... I like role-playing games - and I'm a total bike geek! I don't know, though... I think I'm getting to the point of game saturation. I have so many games (which aren't getting played enough already) I'm getting REALLY choosey when it comes to buying into something new. I have to wonder; "What am I going to get out of this that I'm not already getting in Tales from the Loop...?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you already have Tales from the Loop (or even Bubblegumshoe), you should be set. I'm just amused that the last Kickstarter in this tiny sub- genre hasn't even finished, yet this one pops up.

    ReplyDelete